Charlotte is a city donned with crown icon street signs, in case you forget where you live and, like most large cities, hosts restaurant week throughout the year. Dare to indulge? Absolutely. And with only a few days left to indulge in Charlotte Restaurant Week, ending Sunday July 31st, time is running out to experiment at local spots for a 3 course menu for $30-$35. The list of participating for this summer include a variety of local flavor hot spots. Read on for the top 10 restaurants and food options to try this hot, humid summer:
(1) Mimosa Grill (Uptown): Hangar Steak and the Fried Chicken are personal favorites!
(2) Nan and Byron’s (South End): Shrimp and Grits and S’mores cheesecake will change your life!
(3) 300 East (Dilworth): Not only does this menu deliver, but the price includes wine! Need I say more?!
(4) Kid Cashew (Dilworth): Super grain appetizer and NC Mountain Trout look absolutely delectable.
(5) The Cajun Queen (Elizabeth): Also includes wine in the price! Can this week go on forever? This Charlotte favorite hosts one of the best dishes: get the Diane.
(6) CO (Park Rd): Dumplings and Green Thai Curry are our personal favorites
(8) Baku (South Park): Crispy Brussels Sprouts are a must as you can get a waft of deliciousness as they come to the table and, of course, SUSHI!
(9) Heist Brewery (NoDa): $5 supplement for a beer flight to pair with watermelon pizza and Pork Roulade.
(10) New South Kitchen & Bar (South Charlotte – Arboretum): Wine again? Yes this is a trend, don’t judge. Start off with the Pimento Cheese, dive into the meatloaf, and top off with the beignets.
Check out the full list of over 100 restaurants participating and make your reservations today before restaurant week is over: http://www.charlotterestaurantweek.com/