Now, now…do not be intimidated by Risotto in the title. This quick, home cooking recipe is a crowd pleasure for all palettes. All of these ingredients you can throw in the pressure cooker and voila! Dinner is served, now scroll on through.
Pressure Cooker Risotto in 30 minutes or less!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups short grain rice (Arborio or Carnaroli are traditional)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (if using homemade stock)
- 2 oz (1/2 cup) crumbled goat cheese
- Saute the aromatics: Heat the olive oil and butter in the pressure cooker pot over medium-high heat until the butter melts. Add the onion, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and saute until the onion is softened, about five minutes.
- Saute the rice: Stir the rice into the onions, stirring until it is coated with the oil and butter. Cook the rice, stirring occasionally, until it turns a nutty brown color, about four minutes. Add the white wine, stir, and cook until the wine is absorbed by the rice.
- Cook the risotto: Stir in the chicken stock and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Lock the lid on the pressure cooker, bring it up to high pressure, and pressure cook for 6 minutes (8 minutes in an electric pressure cooker). Quick release the pressure when the time is up. Carefully remove the lid, tilting it away from you to avoid the scalding hot steam.
- Stir in cheese: Stir the cheese into the rice until it melts, then serve.
Now that is some quick home cooking, sure to please kids to adults on a Sunday and great for Monday lunch leftovers! This quick, home cooking recipe was sent to us by the OmniRest Community like you! Check it out: Pressure Cooker Risotto with Goat Cheese
#homecooking #omnirest #morechefsinthekitchen #omnirestcommunity #allpurpose #spoonrest #thirtyminutesorless #quickdinner #homecooking #kidfriendly